We bought this van 5 years ago as Zephyr didn’t like tents (they flap in the wind you know!) and we loved camping. We took a risk as we didn’t know if we would like van-camping, or if Zephyr would cope with this compromise.
Turns out, the gamble paid off and we have had the best 5 years in ‘Albus’ – we have spent many holidays in him. We have ‘wild camped’, pitched on campsites and used as a day van for smaller adventures. It is so great to have a base, some heating and be able to put the kettle on wherever you are. Supporting at events/ultras etc became a whole lot easier thanks to Albus!
Due to the size of Albus, we were never limited on where we could go and also the size worked in our favour if we wanted to ‘stealth camp’ on occasion 🙂
It is now time for us to move on to a slightly bigger camper for our next stage of adventures.
Albus is listed on eBay and viewings are welcomed https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114790418980?hash=item1aba0aca24:g:j7YAAOSwtpRgjsS2
We are limited to 12 photos on ebay, so here are a few more…
And here is all the nitty gritty info about the van if you are interested…..
Vauxhall Vivaro Sportive 2015 Camper/Day Van
- 43,000 miles with Main Dealer FSH
- Fully loaded cab with: electric windows & mirrors, cruise control, Bluetooth radio, leather seats with arm rests, passenger swivel, 6 speed gear box
- Registered with DVLA as a motorhome
- Fully sound proofed with silent coat mat
- Fully insulated with Dodo thermo liner
- Smart ¾ Rock and Roll bed with hydraulic RAM assist (super easy to use) Crash tested with two rear seat belts
- SMEV sink and twin burner hob
- Cold water tank with pump
- 12v 240v 42 litre Vitrifrigo fridge
- Propex HS2000 gas blown air space heater
- 110 amp leisure battery
- 240v hook-up
- Night light with 2 x USB sockets
- 2 x 240v sockets
- High quality professionally installed bespoke cabinetry
- Altro flooring
- Black out curtains
- Tinted windows
- LED touch control lights
- Rhino Roof bars
- Tow bar with 13-pin euro socket
- There are a few dents in body work – difficult to show in photos due to colour of the van
We have owned this camper for 5 years. We bought it as a panel van and converted it to suit us. We have used it as a campervan as well as a day van – we have spent many 2 week holidays in this van, including the NC500 (with a few extra stops added) which took 17 days and was 2000 miles https://thewolfdogblog.com/2017/05/16/trip-2-in-albus-the-nc500/ as well as using it as a support vehicle on many ultra-marathon/event weekends!
Please contact Leon on 07730 191256 with any questions or to arrange a viewing.